Sunday, August 24, 2008

World of Silicon

I'm writing this on the New Laptop which I bought last weekend. The Old Laptop has been seriously misbehaving: not a good idea during the summer holidays when there is serious contention for computer time at home. Since I was visiting Purley, my father kindly gave me a lift to PC World and settled down to watch the Olympic cycling on a display of 30 large flat screen TVs while I got stuck in to the computers.

I wanted to buy in England because then you get an English keyboard. I am not good with French keyboards because the keys are all in different places and I end up typing a load of Qs instead of As. It's also nice to have software talking to you in English rather than French. I ended up with an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC which has a decent sized screen and a numeric keypad, useful for the occasions when I do want to type in French (Alt-130 and all that). It works (phew), and I am online (double phew).

No comments: