Sunday, September 03, 2006

The earth moved...

... while Lowri and Herne were walking round the back garden yesterday. Something was digging a Tunnel under the lawn. The Tunnel carried on spreading and is now quite extensive. Luckily the lawn is no showpiece. So we have cute wildlife - assuming that it is indeed a mole - as well as nasty bugs.

It's been a quiet weekend at home following the excitement of the choir courses. I'll leave it to Fearnley to write about his course in his own blog. School starts tomorrow... The children are whining [I was told to write this].

I have been revising my Japanese. I was learning it quite seriously before we left England, but it's lapsed since I have no teacher here and I've been concentrating more on French anyway. Today I reached the end of chapter 18 of Japanese for Busy People volume 1. The stories were dull first time round and are crashingly dull the second time (who cares whether Mr Tanaka has a meeting at the Kyoto branch office tomorrow?), but the language stuff is good. Worth persevering, especially if the Chuckerbutty Ocarina Quartet does manage to land that tour to Japan : )

No comments: